What is a vape pen?
Vaping pens, also known as vape pens, are portable and compact electronic devices that can be used to vaporize various types of e-liquids, oils or concentrates. They are sometimes called “e-cigs” and “vapes”, terms which refer to the fact that they do not contain traditional tobacco. A vape pen has a heating atomizer that vaporizes liquid solutions with inert gases.
What is a vape pen?
As vaping becomes more widespread, this question is becoming increasingly common. Vape pens are made of two basic parts: the battery and the tank (called a cartomizer). The battery powers the device and heats up the cartomizer when you inhale from it. The atomizer is a component that vaporizes the e-liquid and turns it into vapor. Vape pens can usually be used with e-liquids or concentrates.
How do vape pens work?
The bottom part of the battery contains the atomizer and some other electronic components. The top part is the cartridge. The cartomizer is a small component that looks like a small plastic tube that has a mouthpiece at one end. On one end of the cartomizer is a hole, usually covered with an atomizer head with which you can vape from it.
- Replace your e-liquid or concentrate cartridge with a new one (this function sometimes called “carto” or “carto tanked”) by unscrewing the top cap on your battery and screwing in a new cartridge(s).
- Open your vape and fill it with e-liquid or concentrate (this function sometimes called “fill” or “wicked”). The atomizer head is at the end opposite the mouthpiece.
- Hold down the power button for a few seconds until your battery is fully charged (usually this takes about 30-45 minutes).
- Remove the atomizer head from your cartridge. Set aside the cartomizer to use for charging.
- Attach your empty cartridge to vape pen battery by screwing top cap back on, make sure your cartridge is screwed in firmly and all air bubbles have escaped.
- Remove the mouthpiece from the cartridge so that you can inhale from hard. Now you can vape with your vape pen.
There are different varieties of vape pens, which are all similar but have slight differences in shape, design and use. Remember that vape pens can be used with various kinds of e-liquids or concentrates; they are not limited to just one type.
Tips for using a vape pen
- Do not put too much e-liquid or concentrate into an atomizer pen when you are filling it.
- If you see little clouds of vapor when you take an inhale from your vape pen, then there is too much e-liquid in the cartridge, and you should remove some of it by screwing it onto the mouthpiece of the pen and then sucking out the excess. Make sure that all air has been removed before reattaching the mouthpiece to your vape pen.
- If a cartridge gets sticky due to overfilling, just clean it with hot water and let it dry before refilling again.
- Some e-liquid or concentrate flavors sometimes leave a residue in your tank. To avoid this, fill the atomizer pen with a few different e-liquid flavors and then empty it before filling again with the flavor that you want.
- Some vape pens have temperature settings that you can use to change the taste of your e-liquids. Try setting your pen to a low temperature the first time you use it; this will bring out more flavor in your e-liquid. Once you are familiar with how vaping works on lower temperatures, then try setting it to a higher temperature if you prefer hotter vapor.
The choice of vape pens is huge and there’s one for every possible use.
What’s in the vape juice?
The vape juice that you put in your vape cartridges or tanks is called e-juice. Most vapes use e-liquids made of vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol or a combination of both. Many companies also produce higher grade e-juice with more natural ingredients and a higher concentration of nicotine for those who wish to use the vape pen as an alternative to smoking traditional tobacco products. There are also different vape juice flavors produced by different brands, and these can be used to make the flavor of your favorite brand taste even stronger.
How to choose a vape pen?
The vape pen that you choose depends on the different styles of vaping that you like and how often you use them.
Some vape pen models can be bought with a variety of atomizer heads, each designed to produce a different kind of vapor. Some of these atomizer heads provide more flavor and throat hit than others. Most e-liquid cartridges are sold in packs of five or more, each one containing about 3 milliliters (one milliliter is 0.001 fluid ounce) of e-juice in a pre-filled cartridge. This is enough for about 300 puffs before it starts to get low. If you want to switch to a new flavor, just replace your empty cartridge with a new one.
There is one more thing that you should keep an eye out for when you buy a vape pen. It is the battery capacity or wattage rating. The higher the wattage rating of the battery, the more powerful it will be and also means that it will last longer before needing to be charged. In addition, there are vape pens available with built-in batteries that can be charged by USB on your computer or power bank. This is convenient for keeping your e-juice topped up at all times without need of extra wires and chargers.
What are the different types of vape pens?
E-Cigarettes or E-Cigs:
These are usually cylindrical in shape and look just like traditional cigarettes. They contain a touch sensor and an LED light at one end. The LED light is used to illuminate the touch pad and the tip glows when you place it in your mouth. These can be manually switched on by pressing once on the touch button, or they can be used automatically without pressing on them, with a press-and-inhale mechanism. Some advanced e-cigarettes have temperature settings that can be adjusted based on individual preferences, just like a vape pen. The atomizer head is located at the top of the e-cigarette device itself. You can read about it’s safety here.
E-Liquid or E-juice:
This is the liquid that comes in the cartridges, tanks and tanks. It is a mixture of e-juice and nicotine. The e-liquid is usually made with vegetable glycerin (VG) or propylene glycol (PG). Sometimes you will find combinations of both. Most e-liquids come in different flavors like fruit, fruit menthol, chocolate, tobacco or even just plain. The nicotine strength of an e-liquid is often indicated on the label by stating “mg” (milligrams). To make your own vape juice from scratch, you may use a good recipe book for inspiration or buy nicotine from a local vape shop.