How to Clean a Weed Vape Pen
No matter how much you paid for your weed vape pen, regular maintenance and cleaning are essential to ensuring you receive full-flavored, full-powered doses every time. Furthermore, cleaning your device extends its life and reduces the frequency with which you must replace components or the vaporizer itself.
Fortunately, cleaning your vaporizer isn’t difficult if you know what you’re doing. You’ll be OK for the foreseeable future if you keep that item clean. Here’s how to clean a filthy marijuana vaporizer.
Step 1: Disassemble your weed vape pen completely.
Every vape is constructed somewhat differently, so check your vape’s instructions to ensure you’re disassembling everything without damaging it. It’s a time-consuming process, but you can’t simply clean the obvious parts of your vaporizer since you’ll miss all of the built-up and buried filth.
Step 2: Start cleaning!
Again, check your handbook for this, but it’s critical to prevent harming any of your vape’s components. Remove any visible debris, such as used-up bud or excess oil. Most of your vape’s tiny components will be OK to soak in water, water with a few drops of dish soap or diluted rubbing alcohol (Read. Your. Manual), and then scrape and wipe away apparent muck with a cotton swab. If plain old water isn’t working and you don’t have rubbing alcohol on hand, it’s customary to use a water and lemon juice combination as required. Some vapes have a tiny brush (similar to those used to clean hair clippers) that may be very helpful for cleaning dry herb vapes.
Step 3: Rinse everything thoroughly.
Have you ever vaporized rubbing alcohol and breathed it in? I certainly don’t, and it’s probably better to leave that stone unturned. After you’ve cleaned the tank, heating chamber, mouth piece, heating element, and any other components that came with your specific vape, give it a good wash. This is a required step if you’ve used any cleaning products other than water.
Step 4: Allow everything to dry.
Dry everything with a paper towel to prevent rusting of metal components. Before you assemble your vaporizer, ensure sure everything is completely dry. Otherwise, you risk damaging your device. Water hanging about inside a newly cleaned vaporizer is a certain way to guarantee you’ll be disassembling it again soon.
Step 5: Take a swing.
Once everything is clean and your vape is functional again, turn it on and enjoy clean hits.
Benefits of a Weed Vape Pen
The Vape Pen is a very convenient and beneficial device in the world of marijuana and cannabis. Yes, it does produce a smoke like in a cigarette but in this case, you’re simply inhaling vapor or “vaping” if you will. There are so many benefits to using this device over smoking, such as:
1 . No Cigarette Smoke
You won’t be dealing with any cigarette smoke when you use a vape pen since there isn’t any combustion taking place when you vape weed. That simply means that no tar or chemicals are being released into your body during inhalation of marijuana.
2. No Nicotine
Because the Vape Pen does not use nicotine, it is much safer than smoking cigarettes. Nicotine is known to cause cancer, chronic diseases and other problems.
3. No ashtray
While smoking a joint or blunt can get really annoying (and messy) after a while, the Vape Pen eliminates both of these problems because there’s no ash and no lingering smell. There’s no risk of reduced lung function like with tobacco smokers and no offensive odor that lingers around your home or car. You can even take your vape pen into work (or out in public) without having everyone thinking you’re high on weed!
4. No more bad breath
Those who smoke weed can be found by the smell of their breath, but again, the vapors eliminate this problem. Since it is odorless, there’s no need to worry about your breath smelling like weed when you wake up the next day wondering when that smell will go away.
Vape pens are much more portable than traditional marijuana paraphernalia and because it is in a smaller form than a glass bong or pipe, you’ll be able to carry it with you and even conceal it in public without anyone noticing.
You can fill up a Vape Pen with your favorite strain of marijuana and keep all of your strains in one place for easy access (and discretion).
There is not a lot of maintenance required for a Vape Pen, unlike dab rigs and other paraphernalia that require you to maintain them and make sure they are in top shape at all times.
Steps for using a Weed Vape Pen
Here’s another great thing about the weed vape pen — it’s super easy to use! Here are the steps:
- Unscrew the mouthpiece and load it up with up to .2 grams of your favorite strain. Most vape pens can hold around .3 grams overall, so if you want to be conservative and don’t want to waste any weed, go for under .2 grams when filling it up.
- Screw the mouthpiece back on and press the button for 3-5 seconds to begin preheating the chamber.
- Once it’s heated, hold down the button for another 3-5 seconds to begin vaporizing your marijuana.
- Draw in slowly for about 5-10 seconds total to get all of the cannabinoids without burning them off.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 as needed to use the entire Vape Pen.
- Once you’re done, turn off the pen and unload it before getting ready for next time!
- To clean your vape pen, let it cool down and then brush all of the remaining product out of the chamber and mouthpiece with a small cleaning brush (you can find these on most Vapes). You can also soak them in 50/50 rubbing alcohol and water to make sure there’s no residual smell left behind.
- Let the cleaning solution sit in it for 5-10 minutes and then rinse everything off with warm water.
- Let it air dry before hitting the Vape Pen again!
- Store your vape pen in a safe place away from sunlight, heat or any other things that could damage it. Be sure to store your weed in a separate location or container because direct contact can cause staining on your vape pen’s mouthpiece if you have already used one for dabbing.